houston texans auto title service

  • User: kem bell ( 103 Ads Placed )
  • Location: Houston, Texas, 77092

What is a title?

A certificate of title is the proof of ownership to a motor vehicle in the state of Texas. Most vehicles are required to be titled. The exceptions are trailers weighing less than 4,000 pounds.

When must I apply for title?

When you purchase a new motor vehicle, bring a motor vehicle into the state, or at any time the ownership of the motor vehicle changes, you must apply for a registration and title in your name.

What must I have and do to apply for registration and title?

You must have proof of ownership and proof of required insurance coverage written or countersigned by a Texas agent. If you have insurance in another state you will need to contact your insurance company and request a declaration page that shows the BI limits of your insurance greater than or equal to 30/60/25. Then you must purchase or transfer your license plate. Be sure to record a lien if the vehicle is financed. Complete and sign the appropriate title application form. Pay sales tax, title fees, and registrations.

What are the basic title fees?

1.New Vehicles $33

2.Vehicles previously registered in Texas $33

3.Vehicles previously registered in another state or country $33Note: Add an additional $2 to the application fee when recording a lien.

4.Lien add only $33

The application for title, along with all required documents and fees, must be submitted and a certificate of title will be issued within 14 to 21 working days after receipt of the documentation and fees. However we will have the title transferred in the name of the new owner and have the plates and the registration sticker within 1 to 2 business days.

Do I have proper proof of insurance?

Proof of personal injury protection and property damage liability insurance may be shown by the original or a photocopy of one of the following:

  • Texas automobile insurance identification card
  • Texas insurance policy
  • binder
  • certificate of insurance

What should I know about VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) Verification?

When applying for a title on a motor vehicle previously registered or titled in another state, the VIN on the actual motor vehicle must be checked to ensure that the vehicle is the same as the one described on the proof of ownership.

The VIN must be physically inspected by one of the following:

  • A law enforcement officer from the new owner’s local auto theft division. ***please note the only time a form 68A will be acceptable is if the vehicle came from overseas or the applicant does not want registration and plates.
  • A licensed Texas state inspection

Are there VIN Verification Exemptions?

Vehicles exempt from VIN verification are:

  • new vehicles (regardless whether purchased in Texas or out of state) licensed in this state
  • ATV, UTV and dirt bikes (off road vehicles)

Can a vehicle be titled in the name of a minor?


How do I correctly sign my title over to someone else?

On the title, the seller should fill in the name and address of the purchaser, the odometer information, and the date sold in the "Transfer of Title by Seller" section. They must then sign their name in the left column in the Seller section and hand print their name in the right column, same section. The purchaser should then sign their name in the left column in the Purchaser section and hand print their name in the right column, same section.

Don't get caught driving with expired vehicle registration call Kem and get your vehicle in compliance with Texas state laws at 281-901-7909 or 713-981-6388.  We are located at 2855 Mangum rd ste 567, Houston, TX 77092 to assist you. 

Share This Ad:

Ad Details

  • Ad Id: 23248329
  • Created: Aug 25, 2014
  • Expires: Sep 24, 2014
  • Views: 41
Report ad to moderator